Monday 25 January 2010

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League

I had a very good (and drunken) night in Glasgow on Saturday which was preceded by a trip to Ibrox to watch Rangers play Hearts.

Quite simply, the standard of football was appalling. Not having seen much of the Old Firm this season, I was genuinely looking forward to this game. I was shocked by the whole experience. The game was dull, the standard low and quite how Rangers can justify claiming a place in the English Premier League I'll never know....

2 comments:

  1. They should start in the Unibond First Division North and work their way up!!

    On a serious note we don't need the kind of bigotry associated with the 'Glasgow giants' down here.

    It was the sectarian bigotry of Celtic fans, before a testimonal at Old Trafford a few years ago, that finished a long friendship between Celtic and United fans.

    Don't even start me on the standard of the football. And when they cry "och but we beat ManU in whatever, and Liverpool in..." it doesn't wash. It's called giant killing for a reason. United just got beat by Leeds, and Liverpool by Reading. Does that mean that those two clubs should automatically go into the Premier League? Thought not.

    Feel better for that. And United stuffing City last night of course, that gave me a real warm glow on my way back from Gigg Lane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My idea is that Celtic and Rangers should create their own league with other european sides and play a half season with scottish sides and half season with european sides.

    ReplyDelete